Monday, March 15, 2010

Grey

I usually do the laundry on Sundays, and as I was folding everything up last night, it hit me - my entire stack of shirts was shades of grey, black and navy blue. Perhaps this was a little bit of a coincidence, but I think it does speak to my mood. Today starts week 5 of my unemployed life, and I am a little depressed about it all. I still think about my former job, and my former co-workers, and get upset. I'm trying to move past it, trying to figure out what my next move is, but I'm having a hard time seeing the forest through the trees.

Despite all this, workouts have been going well, and eating has been largely on track. I weighed in this morning at 217.4, which is significantly lower that I've weighed in a while - so I am hoping that this is the end of my plateau, and the weight loss has been jump-started again. I did nothing but cardio last week, which seemed both a bit lazy, and rather counter-intuitive, but who am I to argue with the apparent results?

I've got a (for me) busy week coming up - tomorrow is my boyfriend's mother's birthday, and I we are going to his sister's house for dinner with the family. I am in charge of making the cake, which is great because I love to bake, and I will be able to tell exactly how many calories are in a slice. I did the cake about a month ago for his sister's birthday, and knowing that a single slice was close to 400 calories made us both very conscious of what we were eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment